Monday, June 4, 2007

It's one of those days

I'm having one of those days where everything feels yuck. I got my period yesterday so maybe thats why :P

This month the thing that is bothering me is my body. So from previous entries its clear that i've had issues with dieting in the past. It wasnt until six months ago that I finally found peace with my body, but every now and then my female hormones turn on me and I have mini stress attacks all over again. I think the reason I stress about it like this is because I work in the fitness industry and I feel like I should be a better example of a strong fit person. I'm a great instructor, I just dont have the ripped, super skinny body. I must admit that in the last month i've just been eating terribly and this is probably the overall reason as to why i'm stressing right now. it was bound to catch up with me. I just need t focus on eating wholesome fresh foods during the week and then on weekends let myself eat a little more freely. That's what i've been doing and its been working, till a month ago when I actually picked up my weekend eating to all the time :p WHOOPS!

I've also been drinking a few glasses of wine about four nights a week lately, which has probably excaccerbated my mini stress attack. Actually *light bulb moment*, its a combination of the following
-consistent poor diet
-too much alcohol
-decreased level of exercise

For various reasons i've had several classes covered for the last couple of weeks and I think the lack of exercise has also contributed to the yuck feeling.

its important that I verbalise that this entry is not another false promise to cut back on bad food, pick up the exercise and just go go go so I can improve my body. its absolutely not about that. its about me venting, verbalising my problems so that I dont hit panic mode and head into that pattern again. I probably will get up early and go for a run tomorrow even though I have a class at lunch time but I have been lacking in the exercise lately so its probably warranted. I do however, want to recognise that it's probably not the best thing for me to keep drinking alcohol so frequently. I had a moto of drinking on weekends only, which was working fine. I think i relaxed TOO much and now the relaxed part of my brain is taking over the rest :P haha. I'm used to exercising like a madwoman. Not because I think I have to but because I absolutely love it. Your body gets addicted to something like that. lately, i've been so busy with uni and selwood that exercise has come last. I have two more weeks of uni before the semester break. its been a great learning curb for me, trying to juggle uni with everyday life. i'm picking up two extra subjects next semester so it will be interesting to see how my coping skills pan out :P

end of rant, I feel better. Thanks for listening!

No comments: